Some of the most attractive actors in the world are British. My favorite being, Alan Rickman. He may not be the stud that you look at and think, “Wow, that man has got some looks!” When he talks, however, his voice melts your soul. Alan Rickman has one of the most unique voices I have ever heard, and it is greatly complemented by his seductive British accent.
Another very attractive man who may not be as attractive without his accent is Gossip Girl actor, Ed Westwick. For the longest time I had no idea that Ed was British. I loved his character on the show, and thought he was good looking, but when I heard him in his native tongue, my attitude towards him quickly changed from thinking he was okay to being completely at awe of how awesome he was. Even the most unattractive men from England have that beautiful accent going for them, thus making them so much hotter than any other man of equal looks. Something about those lovely accents makes even the most dull voice automatically attractive. They are also soothing in some weird way. I would much rather fall asleep listening to a book on tape narrated by a British man than someone with another type of accent.
Although some accents like Australian and Italian are also very beautiful, I do not believe that any can compare to the accents of those men from England. No matter how small of a country, they will always have a huge appeal to be because of the way they talk. Plain and simple, their voices bring more for them than any other trait that they exhibit. Alan Rickman Ed Westwick
I agree that the British accent of a man makes him more appealing at first. I wonder though, if we find their accents more attractive because they're different from ours and therefore unique or because of the associations we've been taught to connect with the British accent like education, wealth and class.
ReplyDelete