There are a lot of people who think that film doesn’t affect the way that we think about life, but in reality in affects our society. Each culture is portrayed in certain ways, and the way that we see them in film usually hits upon certain stereotypes. In America, there are a lot of films that play heavily on stereotypes to help their plots and character developments. These are not always correct, but the movie goers seem to embrace these typical thoughts and they become almost accepted in the everyday society.
People also use movies for a way to gain information about things that they don’t normally know about. Like Al Gore’s documentary about global warming had a great impact on the American people by giving them the information that they didn’t know about global warming and possible steps in the prevention of it. Without this documentary, our society may not have had as great of an interest on going green.
Film changes the way that many people look at things and it also gives insight on the minds of the people by the way that it is shown in film. In my paper I intend to explore these things and delve further into how film makers make decisions and how those decisions on what goes in their productions affects the way that the people who watch it think.

I think that you chose a great topic to research! Film and television DO affect society whether people realize it or not. It is also interesting how countries have different aspects of television such as nudity and violence. Again, this is an excellent topic for research.
ReplyDeleteSo I wrote a comment, but then my computer screwed up, and I can't remember what all I said. I'm going to try and rewrite it but oh well if I don't get it all.
ReplyDeleteI think that this sounds like a very interesting career. It's interesting to see how different cultures and societies are portrayed. I learn stuff about other people when the movies portray them correctly. I have also noticed that other places have different viewpoints on what is acceptable or appropriate behavior in movies. Good luck!
I really like your career choice. I think it would be very interesting to go into because I never even looked into this field. It's interesting to hear about what we do and do not look down on. I do believe that television has a great affect on society, this is a really good topic.
ReplyDeletei think that you will really go places in your career field! you seem very passionate about it! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteThe media can either negatively or positively affect our society. Hopefully you will positively influence many individuals through your career choice. Good luck!
ReplyDelete