Sunday, December 5, 2010

Findings

While doing research and studying how culture shows itself in film, I learned a lot of interesting things. When I first started out looking at my topic, I didn’t know very much about how big of an influence film was. Film gives us so much information and entertainment that affects us in ways that we don’t always realize. Every inch of culture is shown in film in one aspect or another. There are different types of films that show different parts of our culture.
 Before this research project I didn’t notice that there was so much culture in movies that’s goal is to entertain. I thought that there films were just for laughs and nothing else. When you watch them, however, there is a lot of culture shown in it. It is socking the difference in comedy around the world. Some countries or regions could think that one thing was completely hysterical while another doesn’t understand the humor in anyway. It is a very interesting thing that based off where you live, there is such a big impact on how you think, thus changing the way that comedy is portrayed.
My research also helped me see that very important people use film to help them make a difference in their culture and show people what others  traditions and religious aspects are important to them.  This project showed me a lot of information and facts that without delving into this project I would have never learned.  It also helped me see a side of the profession I’m going into that I have never seen before.



AL Gores used this film to influnce our culture

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you learned quite a lot while researching. I have also noticed that different countries portray things differently, because they believe different things. It makes movies more diverse and interesting. There is a lot of culture in movies, but since that usually isn't the main focus, most people don't pay much attention to it.

    ReplyDelete